6th GLOBAL MICROFINANCE FORUM
2 days, 10 Sessions, 40+ Speakers
8th- 9th November – 2016
Two Days Post Event Workshop
How to Develop, Operate and Sustain Islamic Microfinance Institutions
10th – 11th , November – 2016
Technical Session I: Current status and future potential
- Islamic Microfinance – Global Scenario & Development
- New Frontiers of Islamic Microfinance
- Shariah principles, Operational Mechanism and Marketing Strategies of Islamic Microfinance
- Innovation, impact and future potential of Islamic Microfinance
- Technological Intervention, Crowd Funding & Mobile vollet – An Energetic boost for the Industry.
Technical Session II – Islamic Agriculture & Rural Finance
- How Islamic Microfinance can facilitate the Rural Finance ?
- Islamic Agricultural Finance – An Ideal Mechanism to fulfill the all crop/farmer needs.
- Salaam & other Hybrid Products for Agri. & Rural Finance
- MicroTakaful: As an effective tool for poverty reduction in rural area’s.
Technical Session III: Qard-e-Hasn Model of Islamic Microfinance
- Akhuwat model adding new dimensions in Microfinance salient features
- Linking Microfinance with business community
- Replicating Qarz-e-Hasn Model – Challenges & Benefits
- Impact assessment – A Case study
Technical Session IV – Role of Technology for the development of Islamic Microfinance
- Integration of Mobile/Branchless banking with Islamic Microfinance
- Mobile Vollet / Cash less Transaction – A revolutionary Development in Islamic Microfinance Industry.
- Empowering Islamic Microfinance by fulfilling social and development expectations
- IT solutions to strengthen Islamic Microfinance Industry
- Youth Development and Vocational Literacy programs through Islamic Microfinance
Technical Session V: Power Table - Panel Discussion I: An interaction with Donor & Funding Agencies
- Funding challenges of Islamic microfinance institutions
- How to fund Islamic microfinance institutions
- Role of Funding Agencies for the development of industry
- Issues, opportunities & way forward
Technical Session VI: Power Table – Panel Discussion II: Challenges and opportunities of Islamic Microfinance Industry:
- What are the barriers of adopting Islamic Microfinance globally and how to resolve them?
- Initiatives needed in designing a framework for policy making for the expansion of Islamic Microfinance
- Bottlenecks in the strategies which constraint the growth of Islamic Microfinance
- Donors reluctance towards Islamic Microfinance: Causes and solutions
Two Days post Event Workshop on
"How to Develop, Operate and Sustain Islamic Microfinance Institutions"
10th – 11th November 2016
Shariah Principles and their Application in Microfinance
- Conceptual Framework of Islamic Microfinance
- Islamic principles of Micro financing needed to adhere when operating under Shariah law
- Compatibility of Microfinance models with Islamic Microfinance
- Islamic Microfinance as an effective tool for sustainable development.
Exploring the Islamic Microfinance Products: Murabaha, Salam, Istisna, Diminishing Mudarabahah, Musharakah and Ijarah
- Murabaha as an ideal financing mode in Micro/Rural finance sector
- Salam: Its mechanism and practical implicaations for Microfinance Sector
- Istisna: Shariah ruling and its compliance with standards
- Ijarah: As an alternative to conventional Micro leasing
- Diminishing Musharaka, a Shariah Compliant Instrument for Micro Housing Finance.
- Deposit management techniques for Islamic Microfinance Banks/Institutions.
(Modarabah & Musharaka)
Use of Zakah and Establishment of Waqf for Building up the Islamic Microfinance Institutions
- Use of Zakah, Waqf and Co-operative models in Islamic Microfinance.
- Utilization of the concept of Waqf for the development and strengthening of Islamic Microfinance
- Extending the product line and product development in Islamic microfinance
Innovation, development & opportunities in Islamic Microfinance
- Modernization in Microfinance alternative delivery channels
- Role of I.T for the development of Islamic Microfinance
- Need of product diversification in Islamic Microfinance
- Product innovation and product mix of Islamic Microfinance
- Donors unwillingness towards Islamic Microfinance: Causes and Solutions
Marketing Strategies for Islamic Microfinance
- How to market Islamic Microfinance products?
- How to ensure that your products are authentic in Islam and how to convince your clients?
- Is Islamic Microfinance only for Muslims? A big misconception
- Effective donor strategies to support Islamic Microfinance
Islamic Insurance (Micro Takaful) & Risk Management Techniques in Islamic Microfinance
- Islamic Insurance (Micro Takaful), an effective tool for sustainable development
- Risk management techniques for Islamic Microfinance
- Banca Takaful Channelize the Micro Takaful Products with Islamic Microfinance Institution
- Case Studies